WELCOME TO THE FAMILIA OWENS BLOG - A PLACE TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH THE ADVENTURES OF CHRIS, ELIANA & NICOLAS IN HOT AND BEAUTIFUL TEXAS!

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas cooking

One of the things that makes Venezuela special during Christmas is the food!! I am trying to start our own Owens tradition with a little taste from my home and Chris's childhood.


This is a very traditional Venezuelan Christmas dish called "Pernil," which is the pork's thigh, also known as ham. Chris loves pernil sandwich!









These are mini ham-filled croissants, a VERY simplified version of our famous "pan de jamón." They take less than 20 min to make and turn out very tasty!






These cookies, also known as "pasta seca," aren't traditional christmas cookies, but I just love them! I made a healthier version than what I'm used to eating and they were yummy!






These sugar christmas cookies are a little taste from Chris's childhood. The fun part is decorating them. Maybe next year Nícolas can help me decorate them!

No comments:

Post a Comment